JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HBOMAX compatability

(Topic created: 07-14-2020 06:40 PM)
userWujGkmP8hr
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung series 6 55" smart UHD LED TV. I am also a DirecTV HBO subscriber. The smart hub app immediately switched to HBO now when clicking on it. It won't allow me access.

I already have HBO Max working and activated on my smartphone.

Will Samsung fix this issue?

18 Replies
user9XAMFljUWj
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sign out of the hbo now account and then sign in again on hbo Max account

0 Likes
useru4olfUvRs1
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here redirects to HBO now Smart TV from 2018

0 Likes
user97MiZTe1nl
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Am I to assume this TV that I was told was future proof will not be getting this App???

userIiYtMey5Gp
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is very disappointing.  I've been loyal to Samsung for quite some time.  However, If Samsung has no plans to fix this, I am likely never to purchase a Samsung Smart TV again - better to go with an Android-based TV like Sony, where this would never happen.

Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sadly ditching Samsung for a Sony won't work.  I have a Sony Bravia and while the app installed just fine there's no volume at all.  I gave up on fixing it and just watch from my Samsung Galaxy S20 and cast it to the TV.  

0 Likes
userSv9DCkav6T
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Any resolution? I have the same tv

0 Likes
userWujGkmP8hr
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I fixed it, Samsung Galaxy store must've updated HBOnow to HBOMax.(big help) Then after making a password on the app on my phone, I was able to log in with that.

0 Likes
userOow0o2i26y
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I fixed it on my Samsung smart TV by deleting a bunch of useless apps freeing up storage space, then deleted anything hbo, then downloaded hbo ax again. Signed in, it works! 

0 Likes
Jahbezz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Believe I found the issue. HBO Max content streams in Dolby Digital. Go to your settings-sound-expert settings-digital output audio- and change to Dolby Digital. Thank me later 😎👍🏾

0 Likes