JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDCP not compatible on older model TVs

(Topic created: 05-08-2023 11:23 AM)
jrschaeffer
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Greetings.  I recently connected cable tv digital set top box for my 39" HDTV manufactured in 2013 using new HDMI cable, 1080p resolution.  Input to the tv intermittently drops out (usually for about 1 second) and recovers.  Same thing on either HDMI input (tv has two) from this STB.  Cable STB manual states that receiving device (in this case my old tv) must be HDCP compliant or else errors may occur.  Anyone know if this vintage tv is HDCP compliant?  There's no reference to HDCP in the TV manual.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi @jrschaeffer and welcome to the community!  This television doesn't have the HDCP compliance due to it's age unfortunately. Any model with the HDCP compliance will have it mentioned specifically in the user manual.  Luckily most newer models have the HDCP compliance due to it being an industry standard. 

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us or if you are potentially looking to upgrade, here's a like to take a gander at our current options: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/all-tvs/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi @jrschaeffer and welcome to the community!  This television doesn't have the HDCP compliance due to it's age unfortunately. Any model with the HDCP compliance will have it mentioned specifically in the user manual.  Luckily most newer models have the HDCP compliance due to it being an industry standard. 

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us or if you are potentially looking to upgrade, here's a like to take a gander at our current options: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/all-tvs/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes