cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iearlegerard
Asteroid

HDMI ARC Problems

Hello,

I have a HW-N400 TV Mate soundbar, and Apple TV, and an Xbox One S connected to a UN40KU6300. I am using HDMI-ARC with my soundbar, and it is no longer listed as an audio option. I have resorted to using an audio optical cable, but I enjoy the conviences that come with HDMI-ARC. The other problem is that my TV thinks my Apple TV is a Dish Network cable box. I have tried hard resetting the TV, using different HDMI cables, and have unplugged and plugged in all of my entertainment center equipment. I am now at a loss and don't know what to do. Could it possibly be an issue with the TV? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI ARC Problems

First thing I would recommend checking is if the tv is up to date. Can you tell me the current firmware version the TV is running? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

iearlegerard
Asteroid

The current software version is 1240

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your device is up to date. You said the soundbar is no longer listed as an audio option. What is the soundbar currently listed as? Are you unable to rename the sources of each port? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

iearlegerard
Asteroid

I have already tried all the different sources, unplugging and plugging it back in, changing HDMI cables, reset the TV, etc.

iearlegerard
Asteroid

I have resorted to using an optical audio cable, but would rather use HDMI. All was working well until about a week ago. I was able to use the soundbar via HDMI using HDMI-ARC, it would turn off when I would turn off the TV, etc.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried testing the device without the other external devices connected to the TV?

iearlegerard
Asteroid

Yes. Bluetooth works, HDMI in, etc.

iearlegerard
Asteroid

It seems the TV has problems recognizing devices. As stated in the original post, the TV thinks my Apple TV is a Dish Network cable box

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you confirm you tried using the HDMI (ARC) port?