Original topic:

HDMI display banner doesn't turn off

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 06:51 PM)
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
We have a TV model UN65JU7100FXZ7. We have a new roku stick. We've set up the roku remote to control the roku and the tv volume and power on/off. We use the roku remote because we prefer it instead of the Samsung remote.
All works flawlessly EXCEPT when we turn the tv on the HDMI source banner across the top of the tv will not turn off, forcing us to pick up the Samsung remote to press the return/exit button.
Anyone know how to disable or force the banner off after a short time?
0 Likes
15 Replies
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
By the way, I'm referring to the banner across the top of the screen that indicates the input source currently being used...
0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you checked the Roku settings for banners or info options? It's possible that the ROKU is pulling it up and not the TV itself since those don't come up unless they are called upon.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I've just checked - no, the Roku does not have an option to control the banners/info/notifications.
This banner appears to be a notification from the tv letting the user know which input source is active. Unfortunately the Samsung menu doesn't seem to have any options for me to 'turn off notifications'. Maybe someone here has a secret way to do it (other than press return/exit on the remote that I do not want to have to pick up).
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just want to confirm is it popping up and going away are does its stay up there the whole time? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unfortunately it comes on and stays on (until I grab the Samsung remote and press 'return/exit'). I wouldn't mind at all if it came on then went away!
Also, as reference, when we had an older roku and a media drive connected, we would press 'source' and move to the input source and the banner would stay on (same issue as now) so it's definitely not the new roku, it's TV notification issue.
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

One thing I can think of that is causing this is the HDMI plugged in may not be all the way connected. Also, just to rule that possibility out does this occur with all your HDMI connected devices? And have you tried the following? 

• Go to the home screen on your Samsung TV and click on the three horizontal bars (these bars are generally on the left side)
  • From the menu, click on the notices options and click on the Settings option
  • Now, click on the switch that’s available besides the notifications and the notifications should be switched off

0 Likes
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
As you've recommended, I've disconnected the roku and tried it in other hdmi slots. Same issue. The first picture is what I'm faced with as I turn on the TV.
The second picture is after I've picked up the Samsung remote and pressed 'return/exit'.
I wish the menu items that you've described were available but they aren't on this TV.
The main menu is accessible by pressing the menu 123 button on my remote and that brings up the third picture.20211026_222502_6244.jpg20211026_222427_6242.jpg20211026_222447_6243.jpg
0 Likes
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Hmm, the pictures didn't upload in order...the middle picture is what I'm faced with, the picture on the right is after i've pressed 'return/exit' and the picture on the left is the 'menu'.
0 Likes
userEPmzVxL7eq
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
There are no controls or switches in the menu items that turn off notifications.
0 Likes