Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeffc23
Asteroid

HDMI ports aren't transmitting audio

Hey guys,

I recently turned on my Samsung tv and am having some sort of audio malfunction. My cable box will transmit video to the tv through the HDMI port, but no audio plays. I have tried the other HDMI ports and still have the same issue. I have tested the HDMI cord and the box on other tvs, and both work (I have even swapped HDMI cords to humor myself). I have reset the audio output to default settings (tv speakers) and still no audio. I have set the audio output to an external speaker, and then connected my surround sound to the auxilary 3.5mm audio jack, and still no sound (video is working the whole time, mind you). The only time I can play sound is when I have something connected to the AV input. Then the tv will play video AND sound. The tv can also play the audio through the surround with this setup as well. Based on everything I've tried, it would seem the problem is isolated to the HDMI ports, but all 4 only transmitting video with no sound seems so bizarre. If I could run the HDMI with video and then change the sound output to my surround sound I wouldn't worry about it, but since the HDMI won't play an audio output I'm stuck with only picture. Also, I ran the sound test on the tv and the test works. Any help would be appreciated. I really don't know what else to do. The only answer I could find was to unplug the tv for a while. Of course, that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI ports aren't transmitting audio

Have you tried a factory reset on your TV?

jeffc23
Asteroid

As far as I can tell, there is no factory reset option on the tv. I have reset the sound to factory default settings multiple times. Would there be a button to reset the tv that's located behind it? It's mounted about 7 feet off the ground, but it is mobile so I could look for one.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code? 

jeffc23
Asteroid

LN40C610N1F

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please let me know if this was helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

jeffc23
Asteroid

Honestly that link just says go to settings and do a factory reset. I have already tried to find the factory reset in settings and I can't. All I can find is the reset for the sound settings only. Also read through the user's manual

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2010-lcd-tv-c610-series/

and that doesn't seem to say anything about navigating to a factory reset either. Does it even exist for my tv?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to connect it to another device (Bluray, game system etc)?

jeffc23
Asteroid

Yes, no audio from other devices either.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The next step would be service for the device.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location