Original topic:

HDMI "No signal" laptop connection problem (not common I think)

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 02:34 PM)
PomoykaMan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi, everyone.
I have an old used 2014 Samsung UHD Smart TV with "one connect box". Everything works fine except one thing.
I tried to connect my laptop to it via HDMI(DVI) port. My laptop can see the TV, recognize the TV resolution, show second display, but the TV  shows "No signal" pop-up window.
I tried 3 different laptops and maybe 5 cables with the same result.
This TV doesn't have "HDMI check" feature.
Has anyone encountered similar behavior?
It's quite difficult to find skilled service in my area.
Thanks.

8 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Have you tried lowering the resolution? What about duplicating the displays instead of extending them, or vice versa?
0 Likes
divedwikins
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When troubleshooting display issues, consider adjusting the resolution for a potential solution. Experiment with duplicating or extending displays to identify the configuration that best  suits your needs. Lowering the resolution can enhance performance, while duplicating displays may resolve compatibility issues. By exploring these options, you can optimize your display setup for a smoother and more tailored user experience.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Idk why you replied to me instead of just posting, I'm not the OP, so they won't see that long message you just typed.
0 Likes
PomoykaMan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Actually I did everything - change resolution, change refresh rate, TV hard reset.. 

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Has it worked in the past?
0 Likes
PomoykaMan
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

nobody knows 🙂

0 Likes
Options