JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HELP!!!!!! Am I able to use a 4 port USB hub with TV

(Topic created: 06-02-2021 05:20 PM)
The_1_with_no_name
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a UN43TU700DFXZA Smart TV. It only has one USB connection. I recently bought a multi device Logitech keyboard, which I ended up connecting the USB receiver to the tv rather than connecting the keyboard to the tv via Bluetooth. Here is where I run into my problem. I have strip light that connects via USB. Am I able to use a 4 port USB hub as long as it is compatible for a TV?

The_1_with_no_name

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You'd have to plug it in and try it to see if it works. It won't hurt the TV if it won't work it simply won't work. It really depends on the board the TV is using as to whether or not it will support more than one USB device even though it only has one USB port. It may. It may not. You'll have to try it and see. Good luck.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You'd have to plug it in and try it to see if it works. It won't hurt the TV if it won't work it simply won't work. It really depends on the board the TV is using as to whether or not it will support more than one USB device even though it only has one USB port. It may. It may not. You'll have to try it and see. Good luck.
The_1_with_no_name
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ok thank you. That was my main concern of plugging one in and messing up my tv. 

The_1_with_no_name
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Yeah. It won't mess it up but the USB hub will count as a USB device on the board. So if the TV only supports one USB device the USB hub will count as that one device and anything you plug into it won't be recognized. I doubt you'll be able to use 4 devices. I'm hoping it will recognize 2, which, including the hub, will be three USB devices. Let me know I'm curious now.
0 Likes