Original topic:

Half of my Samsung TV is now Dark

(Topic created on: 12/14/20 7:42 AM)
users7ffEZv4ou
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yesterday my TV became dark at about a quarter of th screen on the right side from top to bottom. Today now half of the screen showing dark. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've only had this TV for 2 years. No damage what so ever.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources and during the picture test?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
users7ffEZv4ou
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
all sources and pictures test. It never leaves. It seems like the blacklight is burnt
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is something that will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TessKS19
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung's customer service is awful.  My own 2.5 year old TV showed a black shadowy stripe last Friday and all their  'try these options' made no difference.  Since then, almost half of my screen is fully black.  Yesterday was the first chance I had to contact them, so via online chat, I gave them my model and serial number and was told to go ahead and submit a repair ticket and the average cost of repairs for MY specific model would be in the $75-$150 range.  Not terrible, so I submitted a ticket.  Never got the call to set up the appt, but earlier this morning got a notice that my ticket was cancelled--no reason given.  I called and spoke to a person who gave me another phone number to call.  It was a bad number, despite my having read it back for confirmation.  I was then on chat with someone else for so long that I had to cut it short due to a work meeting.  I then submitted a second ticket for the same problem.  Did get a phone call to set up a service appt, but when I finally spoke to a human, they said I'd been sent there in error because they don't service TVs that are out of warranty.  I was told to just call Samsung again.  I talked to another human who gave me the correct phone number from the morning call and verified my ticket number.  I called THAT number, which is an automated service, and they couldn't locate my ticket number anywhere.  Hung up, tried again, with the same result.  I had to call Samsung yet again.  After long delays while they 'checked' on things, I was finally told that Samsung can't help me and the only service center in my area was Best Buy, but they also are not accepting service calls on TVs out of warranty.  They won't even attempt to help me fix it.  ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.  I now have to get a new TV and you can be sure it wont be a Samsung.

0 Likes