Original topic:

Have to turn on and off TV for colors to go to normal

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 8:51 AM)
usermjySbB1KRw
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 65" 4K SUHD TV that I bought 5 years ago.  Over the last 6 months I've had an issue where if I turn on the TV the colors are dark and in the red/warm tones with faces a dark red tone.  I have to turn on and off the TV a couple of times before the colors go back to normal. 

Sometime this happens if I put the TV on pause too long or if I go from playing a video game back to the TV.  It'll happen too if I go from the TV to a video game.  It's aggrevating to have to turn on and off the TV multiple times to get the correct color back on.

Just recently when I turn on the TV, instead of the SUHD TV initially showing, I'm getting a message about searching for an ETS device.  When I see this message, I know the TV will automatically have the dark warm tones for the picture.  Does anyone know what's going wrong and whether this requires me to adjust some settings?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur after factory resetting the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMSEQq8SSzP
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a very similar problem with my un65js8500. Periodically the picture will look horrible,  very dark with poor contrast. I couldn't figure out for the longest time if it was a problem with my wires or cable box or receiver but finally narrowed down components and it was the TV. The issue seems to instantly go away when I change inputs on the TV which I hardly ever do as everything comes from a receiver. I unfortunately have learned to live with this but it has been happening more and more. I have not tried a factory reset.

0 Likes