cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Home and return buttons are not working on smart tv remote

Home and return buttons are disabled on my smart tv remote ,and my remote has lost ..how can I access home and return button 

Please help 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Home and return buttons are not working on smart tv remote

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried changing the batteries in the remote? Also, can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm have a very similar problem where a "tap" on the home button does nothing but a "long press" on the home button does work.

* Problem exists both with the remote and with my phone using SmartThings app

* It started on Sunday night.

* It's isolated to only the "tap" on the home button.

* All other buttons work.

I have tried:

* Long press on "back" arrow button to what I believe "flushes cache" and requests data fresh.

* Holding "back" arrow and "play/pause" to resync tv and remote.

* Obviously turning off/on.

* Voice command to show Smart Hub.

I've been trying to avoid a factory reset as I do not want to have to re-download apps and setup all account info again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does it seem like the buttons are stuck or not able to be pressed? Also if possible can I have your current software version and full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.