JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hulu App not available on app store

(Topic created: 01-25-2021 05:45 PM)
Peridotti
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just purchased a series 7 UHD Crystal TV (UN50TU700DF) and I cannot find the Hulu app in the app store, even when searching for it. 

It seems insane to me that a 2020 Smart TV doesn't have access to the Hulu app, it's one of my most used apps and I'm trying to contact support but no reply yet. 

0 Likes
16 Replies
BobPortico
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same issue.  Any solutions?  Same with Fobu TV.  I have both apps on an older Samsung SmartTV so it's odd they aren't available.

0 Likes
Solution
Peridotti
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I had to spend a while with customer support but in the end my problem was that the country code was wrong and the apps were locked. Customer support asked for the remote management code and they were able to reset the tv and put the correct country code and it fixed the issues!
BobPortico
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine was the same issue.  I bought the TV in Mexico and the first network it connected to was in Mexico.  Not sure which of those caused the country code to be set to Mexico but it was. (Makes sense)  You can go into Settings yourself and find an option to Reset Smart Hub which makes ou walk through the entire setup again.  It was burried deep but it's in there. This time I was connected to a US network and Hulu came up as preinstalled.  Fubo is there now too!

ecummingsjr
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@BobPortico Thanks for sharing, do you know if this work trough a VPN, I just purchased a UN55T Serie 8, and I'm trying to download Disney+, even I can Airplay from my iPhone, is better to have the app.

0 Likes
user0WMDrQU7y9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same problem. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service today, I mentioned the country code was probably incorrect and that fixing that should solve the problem. They remoted to my TV but could not fix the problem. After conversing with a supervisor I was advised that my Samsung Seris 4 (model code: UN32M4500BFXZA) has a flaw and they are working on an update to send out which will fix the problem.  They have no idea when this update will be sent out. So check model codes before you purchase and if you watch Hulu don't buy model code: UN32M4500BFXZA.

0 Likes
userILRShS0BMI
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Interesting. I have the same exact issue and have been calling Samsung since 12/31. I have received every response under the sun - TV doesn't support, and most recent I need to mail the TV is for warranty service. Literally 8 different calls and each time a different response. Now they are willing to pay for my shipping cost on 2 of the same TVS eith the same issue. Why wouldn't they communicate this is the issue and save me this part of the headache! Frustrating!!!!

0 Likes
userQHGDCJGq8d
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I saw this as a fix. Called support & reset the country code to US but the Hulu app still not available. Samsung is blaming Hulu. Saying they changed something and the Hulu app is no longer supported on tv's 2018 & newer. Called Hulu and they say all Samsung tvs from 2016 & newer are supported. So they blame each other. 

0 Likes
CeceMaison
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I've had Hulu on my new Samsung TV that we bought from Costco in November 2020 and it has worked up until today, 3/9/2021. The Hulu app is searchable in the app store but you cannot click on it. When clicking on the app from the Source button, it goes back to whichever service you were last using (i.e. Netflix, Prime, etc).
0 Likes
CeceMaison
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
UPDATE 3/15/2021: the Hulu app that disappeared/stopped working has magically started working again. I did not do anything to fix it. It just started working on its own.
0 Likes