Original topic:

I'm getting a low memory message on UN55MU6490

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 10:07 AM)
wiscdancer
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I was trying to access HBO Max on my TV. I got a message to update to the latest version.  I uninstall the old version and when I tried to install the new version I got a message that internal memory is low. I deleted just about all the apps I'm able to delete (it makes me angry I can't delete app I don't use) and I'm still getting that message.  I was going to try to reboot the TV to see if that would clear storage, but I don't see an external power button.

5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Unplug
Hold power button for 20 seconds
Plug and test
0 Likes
wiscdancer
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I did unplug, it didn't help.  I don't see an external power button on the TV, so no way to do the second part of that recommendation.

0 Likes
usergoIVYGq0bf
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same exact issue. I can't believe how much bloat ware is on this that you can't delete. It's infuriating bc I know I don't have that much storage used and I did a full reset on the TV and it still didn't work. 

userOJwtZorHiZ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am facing the same issue. I can't figure why it shows 802.84 MB used up while there are just 2-3 apps installed. I actually see the free mem drop after I uninstalled couple of apps. I think there is a bug in their firmware - it is not able to reclaim the memory that was released and incorrectly assuming that as USED. 

lets see if they respond with any useful updates.

0 Likes
usersat08wjFW4
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Success!! Please read this and save yourself unnecessary time and frustration.

I called Samsung and the tech Sonryo emailed me a link for software update 1299. I downloaded the zip file,  extracted the upgrade.msd file (1.3MB), copied it to a flash drive, plugged it into the TV, selected update software/USB drive and within minutes was good to go! I added my desired apps and was only at 31% memory utilization! Don't waste your time with workaround hacks, get the update and fix the issue.

0 Likes