cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userjLjaS7eS2x
Constellation

Internet connection lost when turned off

When we turn the tv off it loses the internet connection and the only way to get it back is to unplug the tv and plug it back in. Is there any way to fix this? The tv is mounted on the wall so the kids always need a grown up to help turn the tv on, it's ridiculous. 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Internet connection lost when turned off

What's the model code for the TV and what is the firmware version of it? Also, I would suggest checking to make sure that the router doesn't have any updates or is updated as well. 

userjLjaS7eS2x
Constellation

Model code: UN50M5300

software version: T-KTSAKUC-1270.3

The router is up to date 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Let's try setting a static IP Address. Click the menu button on your remote>Network>Network Status>IP Settings. Copy all of the numbers you see listed. At the top, you should see a box that says IP Address. Click it and select enter manually. For the IP address enter the numbers that you wrote down except for the last set, add 20 to that number. For example, your IP address showed as 123.123.1.123; enter the new IP as 123.123.1.143. Once you have entered this and the rest of the numbers exactly as they were shown, click ok and reboot the TV. Let me know if that worked for you Smiley Happy

usergz53qcZAwF
Constellation

Well, I did do the 8888 and the 8844 etc.

Did this new guess work? 

Did anyone ever try this new idea? I don't see where anyone ever responded. 

I have the same problem with my 55" MU6300.
I've seen many other posts where everyone holds the power button down for 20 secs or unplug the TV it does work but who wants to do this several times a day!! I've not seen a actual fix yet from a Samsung reply. Who are these moderators? Are they Samsung technically trained or what? Rediculous. I can sit and watch customers figure it out for themselves too! That is not help! It's nothing but traffic control! Pathetic.

blkeagle17
Constellation

I had this same issue with my 2019 Samsung UHD TV and the only way I could resolve it was by returning it and getting an LG. It was ridiculous how my 2017 QLED has no trouble being connected the network but the new one couldn't even stay connected even when I had it connected via ethernet.

usergz53qcZAwF
Constellation

I happy for you! Wish I had done that. What's bad is the second of 2 of these I bought a year a part, to the week, before x-mas.

The other one was killed by my dog watching t.v. shows, yes she loves a pet series about all kinds of animals and watches for an hour or so. She is a Bouvier who also likes to jump (through LED screens) and weighs 85 pounds.

Samsung_8Ob0Mt7
Astronaut

Device

Samsung_8Ob0Mt7
Astronaut

Po