Original topic:

Internet connectivity is bifrucated.

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 10:49 AM)
useroaO2Npe8JH
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 55" MU7000 4K television.  I was having an issue with the SpectrumTV app and then all my other apps stopped working.  I tried to connect to the Samsung server to check for an update and I got the message that the server was unavailable.  I checked my modem and router  and they were all fine.  I started perusing websites for solutions to apps not working.  Then I noticed that the instructions to install the app all required WiFi connectivity.

We have intermittent power outages and on one such incident, I defaulted the network connectivity to ethernet.  Initially things worked fine.  Then Charter (Spectrum) did a software upgrade of their modem and things started acting strange.  My private network is a TPlink Deco M5 Mesh network all connected by a gigabit backbone.  I connected the TV's ethernet port to the gigabit backbone and a Deco M5 unit acts as the DHCP server on both the backbone and the wireless network.

Just want to share my experience with the community.  I also wonder why the SmartHub doesn't treat internet connectivity generically and be indifferent to the method used.

BlueBoy

3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I will be happy to assist you. Could you please provide the current software version on the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useroaO2Npe8JH
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My current software version is 1920.03, which is the same software version listed on the Samsung website.  However the website has the release date listed as Jan 2021 and I searched my downloads and noticed I had the same sized file with a release date of Nov 2020.  Was the software re-released due to a minor change?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm not sure of the size of the previous update, but v.1290.3 is the latest listed for this television. Have you tried resetting the mesh routers? Or at least the access point where the ethernet connection is?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes