JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to force update apps on samsung ua43nu7100wxxy 2017 UHD smart tv?

(Topic created: 05-13-2023 02:22 AM)
jack0194
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey everyone,

I've heard it may be possible to force update apps now when then updates become available on the newer model 4k and 8k tvs. My tv is from 2017 so it may only just be too old but would this be possible on a 2017 model? And if it is how would you do it? 

Thanks everyone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how force updating an app can be useful.  There are two ways of updating apps depending on which model you have.  You can do it by the following to auto-update all apps. By going to apps > settings  > Auto update you can turn this on or off and also press update all if there are any that needs to be updated they will be. 

The other way is to press Smart Hub button > Featured and navigate to the app that needs to be updated, and press and hold the enter button until a sub-menu opens, select update apps > select all > update. And that will get the apps to update. 

If this does not help then this can also be based on region as different countries will have different firmware and not have the same options. I would recommend also reaching out to your country's community by using the link below as we are only able to support US based models. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how force updating an app can be useful.  There are two ways of updating apps depending on which model you have.  You can do it by the following to auto-update all apps. By going to apps > settings  > Auto update you can turn this on or off and also press update all if there are any that needs to be updated they will be. 

The other way is to press Smart Hub button > Featured and navigate to the app that needs to be updated, and press and hold the enter button until a sub-menu opens, select update apps > select all > update. And that will get the apps to update. 

If this does not help then this can also be based on region as different countries will have different firmware and not have the same options. I would recommend also reaching out to your country's community by using the link below as we are only able to support US based models. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html