Original topic:

Is there a way to default an app when Tv powered on?

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 12:28 PM)
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So we finally cut the cord fully, and just installed the Spectrum app across all 3 Samsung Smart TVs.  I have a Harmony 665 and a Harmony Smart Hub in use.  I want to eventually create Activities that will go directly to the Spectrum App when the TV is turned on.  This was easy to do with Netflix, Prime, and Youtube, as those are basically built into the Samsung remotes, so the inputs are there for Harmony.  Anyway, the problem appears that Samsung remote does not have Spectrum App readily available, which finally brings me to my question, ha>>

Is there a way to 'default' the Spectrum app when the TV is powered on?  If not, is there a way to teach the Samsung remote to assign a specific app button?

Thanks for any info!

Chet

5 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There is a way to have the app that was last used to come up on certain model TV's but there is not a way to default to an app without it being the last used app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can you expand on bringing up the last app used, and how that is accomplished.  Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You need to follow the below instructions to set up Autorun Smart Hub, then Autorun Last App. Please note that the app you want to automatically start, in this case the Spectrum app, must support the autorun function.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks.  I already have those turned on, so perhaps Spectrum App doesn't support it.  However, after further testing, I think I have to restate the root problem here......for some reason, my Samsung tv remote is also turning on my Sony Dvd player.  This causes the dvd home screen to show up on tv, instead of my intended Smart Hub.  These are not connected directly.  Each connect to my Yamaha receiver, which is currently powered off, so I guess there's some type of passive action going on.  Nonetheless, the problem would be fixed if my remote(s) (my Harmony 665 does the same) were not turning on the dvd player.  Guess I'll do more searching unless you can answer that one here.

0 Likes
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I wonder if this has to do with CEC integration?? I will try turning that off on DVD player I guess, but then wouldn't that screw up the whole purpose of having single remote?? hmmm

0 Likes