cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservhC4zMS90f
Cosmic Ray

Issues with WIFI connection - Smart TV

I have a Samsung UN65MU630DF.  I have been having issues with the wireless internet connection disconnecting, requiring me to reconnect to our my home network often.  On Saturday, 7/27/19, the same issue occured.  However, now the tv will not wirelessly reconnect to my home network.  The TV sees my network, but will not connect to it.  There are no issues with our home network as I am able to use all other wireless devices without issue.  I have checked that the tv has the lastest software and it does.  I have also completed a soft and hard reset.  None have solved the wireless connection issue.  

I am able to connect the tv to the internet with a wired connection.  However, a 30 foot long internet cable running through my house is not the solution to my issue of my Samsung TV not being able to connect wirelessly to the internet.  

Would love to hear the solution to solve this issue.

8 REPLIES 8
userdw0aCbUnuC
Constellation

Re: Issues with WIFI connection - Smart TV

Seems to be a common issue with these TVs. I’m having the same problem. Unplugging then plugging the TV back in will let it find the wireless network. Obviously not a fix. I assigned mine a static IP today - is that doesn’t work it’s going back to BJs. 

uservhC4zMS90f
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately unplugging the TV and plugging it back in has NOT fixed my problem.  I tried it multiple times.  I have also confirmed software is up to date and tried resetting to factory settings.  Nothing has resulted in the TV connecting wirelessly.

Still searching for a solution.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is the current software version on the television? Have you tried using a different channel on your router?

Dipeso
Constellation

I have the same issue. It was fine then not connecting today. Error 107. Turned router in and off, turned tv on and off. Neither worked. Mine doesn’t see my network. When I tried to connect to wireless network, it asked me to connect with WPS. Pressed the WPS button on my router and waited the 2 minutes couldn’t connect.  I can see my network in manage saved network but the only thing I could do there is to delete it.  I have two channels on the router but tv can’t find either.

uservhC4zMS90f
Cosmic Ray

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue.  There appears to be many many customers with this exact issue over many different Samsung smart tv models. 

I spent many hours on the phone with Samsung trying to solve the problem - very frustrating and still no fix.  They do not appear to know what the issue is or how to fix it.  

My software is up to date, as I’m guessing yours is too.  However, I wonder if the issue is a result of a bug in the firmware/software from the last update.  

My tv is also able to see my my wireless network which leads me to believe the problem is not the wireless card.  Does anyone have additional thoughts on this?

Dipeso
Constellation

I turned the power down on all the devices. The TV, the sound bar, the router and waited for 2 minutes and turned the power back on. Waited till the router has the indicator lights for the 2 channels and turn the TV back on. This fixed the connection issue. The issue now is  from time to time tv will lose wifi connection and I will need to do the same thing over again. That, combined with another issue I am having with having to reconnect sound bar (I have it connected through bluetooth), made me think that it has to be the firmware/software somehow the tv isn't retaining/remembering the connection settings when the tv is turned off. 

userzwlX79HubK
Constellation

I am having the same issue on TWO SAMSUNG TV'S in my house. I have now spent over a month trying to resolve the issue on the living room tv, finally resorting to just watching tv in my bedroom.  TODAY THE BEDROOM TV STOPPED CONNECTING TOO! So I have 2 SAMSUNG TVS both less than 2 yrs old (but just out of warranty) and neither will connect to the internet and I got rid of Directv to just use streaming.  So I have 2 SAMSUNG PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT WORK.  This is ridiculous. The amount of time I have spent trying every single suggested solution is utterly insane. Samsung support sent me to a tv repair company that wants $200 just to walk in my front door and that's not including the cost to fix these stupid things. 

SAMSUNG - WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO FIX THIS?  THIS IS CLEARLY AN ISSUE FOR YOUR TVS AND WITH STREAMING BEING THE WAY SO MANY OF US GET TV, WE NEED THESE TVS TO WORK.  WHY ELSE WOULD I BUY NOT ONE BUT TWO SMART TVS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!