cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: KS8000 Screen Flickering

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN55KS8000 has been doing this screen flickering too reccently.  It flickers, and scrolls even with the in tv apps and on air antenna channels.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue on my TV as well.  This is a bit dissapointing with the TV starting to have issues within three years!

Please advise. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdPXBsR88kE Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same screen flickering issue with my UN55KS8000. It started doing after 10 minutes of swictching on teh TV. So now the TV is unwatchable with all these flickering. Wondering how samsung build a high end TV that can exactly have same issues for these many users in 3 years. I tried all the steps as suggested like factory reset, software update, removing all cables/including one connect box, but even the samsung home screen is flickering. Hope some one from support reach out and fix the issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the exact same issue. It just started today. My TV is a 48" KS8000. I doubt anything listed will work as the LOGO itself is flickering when the TV is turning on. That is telling me it is something internal. I am one version below current so updating it for kicks anyway and will probably try a reset just to be sure.

Seems these TV's have a 3 yr life span and that's it. My prior Samsung from 2013 is still going strong. Not good Samsung on these.

Luckily I took out a 5 yr Square Trade plan when I bought in 2017, so I thinnk it is covered(just have to fight with them).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started doing this today after 3-4 years with absolutely zero problems. To say I'm devastated would be a massive understatement. Smiley Sad

Flickering as soon as I turn it on now. Unusable.  Is this fixable? 

This is absolutely my last Samsung item I ever buy if a $2000 TV only lasts me three years. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, mine has gotten to the point of, when it starts flipping out(it does it only about 2/3's of the time), the screen eventually goes to a solid pic of random colored off angled bars(not like a color pattern) that have zero movement and zero assemblance of a picture. Turning off the TV and back on at least gets it back to its filckering state.

I went through Square Trade and they are going to completely replace my KS8000, but I am fighting with them to get something comparable. Their first offer was a mid range LG which won't due. The KS8000, at the time, was a top notch TV so I am pushing back to a Q80/T. Although the more I think about it, the more I think I should be pushing for something in the LG line, if I am only going to get 3 yrs out of the TV. Maybe their reliability will be better.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as of 3 days ago. I'm frustrated and disappointed that this TV has only lasted 3 years, as I was (reasonably!) expecting to get at least a few more years of use out of it. Wish I'd bought the extended warranty, though I didn't imagine that Samsung would have such reliability issues.

Mods (@SamsungAl@SamsungLou, @SamsungCaleb@SamsungGill), I have video of the issue and am more than happy to PM that, the model code, and serial number. Just need to know who to send the PM to. Looks like there are a few other folks in recent weeks as well.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! You can send it to any of the mod PM links and someone will respond to you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome, thank you!