JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 06-29-2020 08:07 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
user9SQrY6Yscn
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have had the exact same symptoms for the last month or two now. My experience is the same as yours where it worked flawlessly for the first 3 years. I've had a terrible experince with Samsung customer support trying to get this resolved.

Called Samsung support who had me try all their usual troubleshooting steps. I'm past warranty of course so they they directed me to their authorize repair center. The repair center wants to charge me an $80 diagnostic fee, $80 for labor plus the cost of parts. The $80 diagnostic fee made no sense to me as they've already had me do all the troubleshooting over the phone and this seems to be a common issue with this model. When asked about this, the service center transferred me back to Samsung and said they can provide a 1 time warranty exemption so I only have to pay for parts. The Samsung rep said they shouldn't be charging me a diagnostic fee, updated my case #, and told me to call the service center again. I call the service center again and the lady says unless the Samsung folks explicitly comment in the ticket that they have already diagnosed the issue and to waive that fee, they can't do anything about it. I call the Samsung support number again and tell the lady up front what needs to happen. She continues to apologize and 'research' things. 45 minutes later she says 'I can write in the ticket that we have done diagnostics so only to charge you if they do some additional diagnostics.' I tell her that she can't qualify the statement as the folks answering phones at the service center aren't technical and don't know what diagnostics the tech is going to run. She contined to waste my time at which point I asked to speak to a supervisor. Still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

This is horrible customer service and an expensive product using cheap parts if so many of us are having the same issue. Unless they resolve this quickly, I won't be buying a Samsung TV ever again. I should have stuck with Sony as their TV's seem to last.

userwNOgZW5fjx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the exact same issue that you are having. Let me know if yours is resolved. I'm seriously contemplating on switching out of Samsung products if I can't get this fixed. It's driving me crazy!! 

0 Likes
userqfH49C1UFe
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN55KS8000 has been doing this screen flickering too reccently.  It flickers, and scrolls even with the in tv apps and on air antenna channels.

userdPXBsR88kE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue on my TV as well.  This is a bit dissapointing with the TV starting to have issues within three years!

Please advise. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userdPXBsR88kE Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

0 Likes
userZhLZps6Sj4
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same screen flickering issue with my UN55KS8000. It started doing after 10 minutes of swictching on teh TV. So now the TV is unwatchable with all these flickering. Wondering how samsung build a high end TV that can exactly have same issues for these many users in 3 years. I tried all the steps as suggested like factory reset, software update, removing all cables/including one connect box, but even the samsung home screen is flickering. Hope some one from support reach out and fix the issue.

Chuck_IV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the exact same issue. It just started today. My TV is a 48" KS8000. I doubt anything listed will work as the LOGO itself is flickering when the TV is turning on. That is telling me it is something internal. I am one version below current so updating it for kicks anyway and will probably try a reset just to be sure.

Seems these TV's have a 3 yr life span and that's it. My prior Samsung from 2013 is still going strong. Not good Samsung on these.

Luckily I took out a 5 yr Square Trade plan when I bought in 2017, so I thinnk it is covered(just have to fight with them).

0 Likes
IowaJack
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine just started doing this today after 3-4 years with absolutely zero problems. To say I'm devastated would be a massive understatement. 😞

Flickering as soon as I turn it on now. Unusable.  Is this fixable? 

This is absolutely my last Samsung item I ever buy if a $2000 TV only lasts me three years. 

Chuck_IV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well, mine has gotten to the point of, when it starts flipping out(it does it only about 2/3's of the time), the screen eventually goes to a solid pic of random colored off angled bars(not like a color pattern) that have zero movement and zero assemblance of a picture. Turning off the TV and back on at least gets it back to its filckering state.

I went through Square Trade and they are going to completely replace my KS8000, but I am fighting with them to get something comparable. Their first offer was a mid range LG which won't due. The KS8000, at the time, was a top notch TV so I am pushing back to a Q80/T. Although the more I think about it, the more I think I should be pushing for something in the LG line, if I am only going to get 3 yrs out of the TV. Maybe their reliability will be better.

0 Likes
useroQk3XQ4nwE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue as of 3 days ago. I'm frustrated and disappointed that this TV has only lasted 3 years, as I was (reasonably!) expecting to get at least a few more years of use out of it. Wish I'd bought the extended warranty, though I didn't imagine that Samsung would have such reliability issues.

Mods (@SamsungAl, @Anonymous, @SamsungCaleb, @Anonymous), I have video of the issue and am more than happy to PM that, the model code, and serial number. Just need to know who to send the PM to. Looks like there are a few other folks in recent weeks as well.

0 Likes