JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 06-29-2020 09:33 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! You can send it to any of the mod PM links and someone will respond to you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useroQk3XQ4nwE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Awesome, thank you!

0 Likes
usera7hGvZM4HN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV just started having the same exact issue within the past few days.  It is a bit frustrating to see so many KS8000 TV's exhibit this same issue at the same exact time.

I am messaging the mods in hopes that something can be done about this.  I spent a lot of money on a High end TV with what I thought was the best TV brand at the time.  I am really hoping there is a cost free solution to this.  Please help in any way you can, thanks!

0 Likes
usera7hGvZM4HN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

3 weeks later and an update:

I do appreciate you and the team's customer service and support, however unfortunately my TV has started to now exhibit the same issues.  I had been using the TV sparingly so I'm assuming I just didn't give it enough time after the repairs were made.

The motherboard and ribbon cables were replaced by the first technician.  Upon further review in this thread it seems the panel itself will need to be replaced.  Will this be possible?  I do think that this TV should lasted more than 3 years so I'm hoping there is a reasonable process on a return/exchange or a permanent fix.

Thank again!

0 Likes
userczZplTiD0L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same exact problem with my UE55KS7580UXZG, firmware ver. 1242.

video 

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello @userczZplTiD0L

I apologize for the inconvenience. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your device was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area for assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your product.

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userczZplTiD0L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for your response @MsBri1 

Unfortunately my country Bosnia&Herzegovina is not listed, there is no official samsung service for this TV over here and trying to reach Samsung outside of my country seems to be a complicated process.

But thank you anyway. 

0 Likes
userIoGXBCqmRK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the exact same issue that the others in this thread are having with a Samsung 65" KS8000 that I have barely used. The TV has less than 600 hours on it total. I have called CS and did troubleshooting and they recommend that the TV be serviced. I am beyond upset that this issue is happening to many KS8000's at the 3-4 year mark and Samsung is not standing behind their clearly faulty product. I am searching to see if there is a class action lawsuit including this model.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would be more than happy to look into this for you.  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
userUy7t26tBEv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any luck on getting it working or finding a law suit?

My TV is 3 years old as well. It's a 55ks8000 and this has begun to happen. The screen starts to flicker about 90 minutes into watching it.

Extremely disappointed in Samsung and if I get nothing from support I'm probably going to switch to LG or Sony as this 3 year old TV should not be doing this with the amount I paid for it.