JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 06:43 PM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
userlxL95g49Pa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue. I've contacted Samsung twice and they are only willing to do out of warranty work to fix this. I have tried to do that, but everytime I try to attach proof of purchase it won't save the attachment.

Very frustrating Samsung. I bought a plasma 15 years ago that is still working and this 3-4year old tv flickers.  Hopefully some one will read this and help us. 

0 Likes
userM5mmJVie4L
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This should be a class action lawsuit. My 55 ks8000 started flickering 3 years also. Called Samsung went through all the diagnostic test and only solution was a number they gave me to repair and they said it was cost over 1k!!! This is ridiculous this tv should last longer than 3yrs. If anyone knows a way to fix this without spending as much money as a new tv please let me know. That or we should file a lawsuit because it seems every owner if this miodel starts to flicker after 3yrs. At first turning it off for 30minutes would fix it,but then that quit working so now minutes after tv is in it starts flickering.

0 Likes
userCCtB8D5tZ1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just had the EXACT same problems mentioned start on my 55inch KS8000, which I also spent $1k on for a 'premium' TV.  The crazy flickering started today and is progressively getting worse.

I called Samsung ASAP and they quoted well over $600+ to fix an aparent ticking time bomb.  It's a problem that Samsung clearly knows this model now has and yet they insisted the customer pays for the products defect.  I have a 9 year old Panasonic TV that has zero issues.  This didn't even last a third the time period.

If there's any class action lawsuit that comes out of this please update us.  As the situation currently stands I will NEVER buy a Samsung product again.  Anyone who reads this please know that their customer service so far has been basically nothing towards helping. I really expected better, lesson learned.

0 Likes
userCCtB8D5tZ1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have submitted information to begin a class action lawsuit against Samsung's now known defective product on the KS8000 series TVs.  Will update on any information if it moves forward. 

0 Likes
samhouston
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Pls keep everyone posted about class action lawsuit. We all paid extra money to buy this premium TV. However this TV has been such a disgrace. 

Repair centers told me that screen panel needs to be changed and it's no longer available. Hence for me atleast the TV is not repairable any more. 

Ethically Samsung should accept it's fault that this "EXPENSIVE" TV is defective and provide a satisfactory resolution to all impacted buyers. 

0 Likes
userJdGyYGHzx6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Add me to the list of people with the UN65KS800D screen flickering issue. Tried following all of the generic Samsung troubleshooting steps for the known issue and none of them worked.  TV is barely 3 years old and has been lightly used and is now pretty much unusable.  

I am also a Consumer Reports member and will be making sure to provide appropriate feedback regarding poor Samsung television reliability.

After paying a premium for the Samsung UN65KS800D and getting a little over three years of life out of it I'll never buy another Samsung product again.

0 Likes
bburger991
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm now having the same issue. It started a few months ago, but I was able to tolerate it because it would only start after about 6 hours of being on. Now it's deteroriated to the point it starts happening after an hour or so. I've done all of the basic troubleshooting, checked multiple different inputs and devices, and it's for sure a hardware error. I've PM'd the mods in this thread so I'm hopeful that something can be worked out.

0 Likes
usermAH1mVdUB0
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the exact same issue now as well with the same model (UN55KS8000DFXZA) also bought just 3 years ago. This is clearly a consistent defect in this series, given how many people are having this issue in the same time window. This tv was way too expensive for it to be basically unwatchable just 3 years later. But if Samsung will admit the panels were defective or perform the repairs for free, that'd be great and I'd give them kudos to owning up to the problem. However, if it will cost the original purchase price of the tv to perform the repair, I will also be signing up to never again purchase a Samsung product.

0 Likes
userUklYRBhOnK
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN55KS800 Screen has start flickering as well.

it will take about 30 min before it starts and it will get worst as the time process it.

I tried everything , wires changed, tv reset, changed eco setttings, tv updated and nothing works.

I have paid premium price for a premium tv and the result is very disappoint after only 4 years to have this result.

I am extremely upset with this and since it seems to be a pattern here Samsung needs to make this right and address the issue.

I have 3 other Samsung TVs and never had an issue with them but this is extremely upsetting as this is our main tv...

0 Likes
userk3YM46xBzz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue - I have had the TV in my garage since September because it is unusable.  Need a solution fast or it will be sent to the recycle center.  Very disappointed with my interactions with SS they made not attempts to fix what is a systemic problem with their product.  

0 Likes