cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAV6zgqOVrZ
Asteroid

Keyboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN65KS8000 Samsung TV. When using the remote to search I am able to type, however when trying to enter my internet password while trying to hook up to wireless  I am unable to type with the remote. I have reset to factory settings, changed the batteries, paired another remote that works on another Samsung, tried the Samsung SmartView App (which tells me both the ipad app and the tv have to be commected to the same wifi, but how can I connect to the wifi when it wont let me type in a password? The only way I got internet was to have Comast hardwire the tv, but I changed to ATT wireless and I cant enter the password. I press the keys on the remote to arrow over and nothing. Could this be a defective wifi module?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userAV6zgqOVrZ
Asteroid

Re: Keyboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What finally worked was connecting a 3.0 keyboard, I happened to use a MAC wireless Magic keyboard that I hard wired to the tv, it allowed me to type in the password, and I could complete the wireless connection in settings. Now that both iPad and Samsung are connected to the same WiFi, I can use the the Samsung Smart App as a remote.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried re-pairing the remote to the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userAV6zgqOVrZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

i have done that, I even took another Samsung remote from another room that worked, and paired that and it didn’t work on this tv. I’ve paired, Ive changed batteries, I’ve reset, done everything but go for a swim. I’m thinking it may be defective WiFi module in set.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userAV6zgqOVrZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Done

userAV6zgqOVrZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What finally worked was connecting a 3.0 keyboard, I happened to use a MAC wireless Magic keyboard that I hard wired to the tv, it allowed me to type in the password, and I could complete the wireless connection in settings. Now that both iPad and Samsung are connected to the same WiFi, I can use the the Samsung Smart App as a remote.

View solution in original post