Original topic:

LED TV UN506400AFXZA will not update firmware

(Topic created: 12-02-2021 02:09 PM)
userDTYbAIrxAf
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello. I have an american tv that im trying to update the firmware. The model is UN506400AFXZA.

It currently has version 2230 firmware. 

The tv will not update the firmware over the internet, it says there is no update available.

I downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware from the samsung site. I put it on a flash drive, and the tv says there is no update on the flash drive.

The tv recognizes the flash drive and tries to open pictures and videos and such. But most of the time the tv will not recognize the flash drive in the update screen. But when it does recognize it, the tv says there is no update on it. 

Please help me to get a new firmware put on this tv!!

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry to hear that! I think you're missing a character in the model code. What is the full model code of the television?

Usually, when it says there is no update available on a flash drive, it is either the same firmware version or the file was not extracted to the correct location.

0 Likes
userDTYbAIrxAf
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for your response. Yes it looks like i forgot a character, a letter F.  The correct model code is,

UN50F6400AFXZA.  I hope that missing letter some how makes it easier for you to help me get this tv updated?

The firmware on the tv is not the same, it is very old, around 7 years old. The new firmware i downloaded is a different version.  

I think i extracted it too the correct location? Could you please give me detailed instructions, if there is a special way to extract it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize, according to the website, v.2230 is the current software for this TV, so you already have the latest version installed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0020439&modelCode=UN50F6400AFXZA

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes