cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Lacking built in apps, unable to use airplay

I just bought a Samsung 6 series 65" UHDTV last week and I am coming across several issues. First, apps such as Hulu and espn are unavailable to download. Netflix and internet are the only apps that are present. Even after searching for Hulu on the Apps search bar, no results are dispalyed.

another issue that I have with the TV is that I am unable to use airplay. When I go into airplay settings, the screen goes black, then it says service unavailable due to network or server interference. I am unable to play Netflix and browse the internet on the smart TV. Both the TV and my device are connected to the same network. My device is an iPhone XS with OS 13.4.1. Please help I feel disappointed that I spent so much on a Tv and I am not getting what I paid for.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lacking built in apps, unable to use airplay

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My model number is UN65NU6070

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try connecting through ethernet and not Wifi. Make sure that other devices are able to connect to your home network. Ensure that all of your devices are fully up to date. This seems like a network issue to me. I recommend reaching out to your ISP regarding this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm sorry, typo on my original post. I am able* to access the built in Netflix app and use the browser on my smart TV. The issue that I have is that other apps such as Hulu, ESPN, and YouTube were not previously installed. Furthermore, the apps aren't found when using the search app feature. 

I have tried rebooting my modem and router, but the issue still persists. So I tried to use screen mirror from my device to the TV. Unfortunately, I am unable to use screen mirroring and Airplay feature on my smart TV. I don't think it's a network issue because I am able to access the internet on my device, stream video, and play online using my gaming console. 

my smart TV is up to date and is currently on version 1292. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you logged into the Samsung account on your device? Are you able to see other apps in the app store? It is possible that these companies have not yet developed an application for this television. App compatibility is purely developer discretion. 

Are you getting any error messages when you try to use Airplay? Have you tried a different Apple device?