Original topic:

Last update messed up backlighting on my UHD smart TV

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 11:49 AM)
DIDiDOthat
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I received an auto update Tuesday 09-27-22 for my UN65NU710D smart UHD TV. I had backlights go out and one strip turn really bright.

I tried to reset to no avail. Shut it off and figured I would deal with it in the morning.

I didn't mess with it until evening on 09-28-22, Wednesday. It appeared a new update loaded, something blinked and I think it was the update notification. Now only the really bright backlight strip is off. The other is operating nominally.

I tried resetting, blah, blah, blah to no avail. I have not found any patch notes from Samsung.

I just looked at the update that is currently running and it is 1330. 

I am not panicking yet, but wondering if a fix is coming and if anyone else is having issues?

Cheers 

7 Replies
userOvqYTiDlhE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
That sucks, I just updated mine to 1330.5. Should try USB update, hope it works.
thel0vebel0w
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Somethings wrong because they obviously pulled the update & reverted to 1325. My TV's been giving me the same issue since this automatic update and supports wants me to pay to have someone come out. It was working perfectly on the previous firmware. 

0 Likes
DIDiDOthat
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I agree thel0vebel0w

I got the same response from Samsung support. They said there is no way to revert the update except by replacing the motherboard and that I would have to pay the onsite service fee to find out what was wrong.  This felt like forced obsolescence to me so ... 

I solved the problem by buying an LG TV to replace it. Really happy with it too. I got the magic remote and love it.

Love to hear what you decided to do.

Pretty sure they bricked a bunch of TVs with the update to get us to go away.

0 Likes
efb188
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here. The backlight is now messed up (my model is UN65NU740D).

0 Likes
userf2h4Ky6xgZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also updated to 1330, and now thr tv randomly turns off then back on

thel0vebel0w
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yup sounds about right.... Im curious as to why they haven't hurried to try and release a new update since this is breaking tv's. If you call they'll tell you to pay for a tech to come out and check. 

0 Likes
Philbrand46
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here..sounds like a law suit!

0 Likes