cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Left bottom corner overheated and began to melt(FIRE HAZARD) also white vertical lines across tv.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own a Samsung 50 inch LED 1080p Smart HDTV. This TV was purchased November 28th 2016 from Best Buy. The model number for this TV is UN50J6200AFXZA. The serial number on this TV is [edit]. While watching it earlier today white vertical and horizontal lines appeared after troubleshooting thinking it was the cable I realized it was the tv then after noticing a white spot in the bottom left corner I touched it and it was extremely hot I then also noticed the plastic appeared to be melting. I called and spoke to customer service and was told they could contact a service provider to come and look at it, although i couldn't be told if this would cost anything or an estimate on fixing the issue. This solution is unsatisfactory to me because based on other messages on this site and other research I've done it appears to be a manufacturing issue. I would like to be contacted to rectify this issue with some expediency. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Left bottom corner overheated and began to melt(FIRE HAZARD) also white vertical lines across...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize for your experience. Can you please send ant photos of the melt damage to the bezel, along with a copy of the purchase receipt, to this PM Link? I will be happy to have my management team look at this case for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Left bottom corner overheated and began to melt(FIRE HAZARD) also white vertical lines across...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We apologize for your experience. Can you please send ant photos of the melt damage to the bezel, along with a copy of the purchase receipt, to this PM Link? I will be happy to have my management team look at this case for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Left bottom corner overheated and began to melt(FIRE HAZARD) also white vertical lines across tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've gone through the exact same thing. No one seems to care yet this seems to be a manufacturing/engineering issue. Makes me think I shouldn't leave any of my other Samsung TV's in my house plugged up when I'm not there for fear of fire. I don't understand why there wasn't a recall for this. Seems Samsung doesn't want to help me with this issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Left bottom corner overheated and began to melt(FIRE HAZARD) also white vertical lines across tv

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Information forwarded.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please reply, what is status of my issue?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My apologies I'm not seeing where you sent us that information could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've responded to your request and forwarded along my model and serial numbers, I've also included pictures of the issue and damage. Please confirm receipt of my reply. Thanks.