JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Left quarter of screen fades to DARK

(Topic created: 01-24-2022 11:38 AM)
userZV2s8O9EbL
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I see similar posts regarding dark screen issues, so I feel everyone's pain. I purchased model number UN75RU7100FXZA 4K Ultra HD Smart TV in September of 2019 from ShopHQ, with a 2-year extended warranty [through a third party].

TV is 2 years 4 months old. Two days ago, the left side of screen went dark. Seriously! After only 2+ years! Here's the real slap in the face... Obviously, Samsung's pitiful 1 year warranty is expired, but so is the third party 2-year extended warranty. Most extended warranties [that I'm familiar with] begin "after" the products initial warranty expires. But, no, not this one.  This third party scam, garbage warranty runs concurrently, which only adds to my immense frustration.

Yeah, I am frustrated with the warranty issues, but my real beef is with the product itself. It is readily apparent that Samsung has quality issues with TV backlight failures, yet they continue to manufacture TV's using the same inferior parts, with no intension of changing. I also had a small 17" TV in the kitchen that failed after only two years. However, I also have two Sony Bravia 45" TV's that I've had for almost 10 years that are still working fine. All that said, Samsung customer service could care less. I was on the phone several times over the past few days trying to get some kind of repair, or satisfaction of any kind, but nothing doing. Their customer service is as pathetic as the TV's they produce. If this is how they care about their products and customers, I will never buy another Samsung product of any kind. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating with your tv screen being dark on one side, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userIsVmuxXLqn
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm also going through the same situation you went through, it was this weekend that the shadow on the right side of the screen appeared occupying a little more than 25% of the screen, I bought my tv 2 years and 7 months ago, I had the problem with the shade for the first time with the tv in its 11th month after purchase, the shade had appeared on the left side my warranty was only 1 year and I was even happy to have given the problem within the warranty period, I exchanged the screen and 20 months later more or less from one day to the next for no reason the shadow came back, then I went to see if it would be worth trying to fix it by changing the tv screen, today I spoke to the authorized person and to change the screen the value is more expensive than buying a new one, -_-' , that is, I will be forced to change televisions and get rid of this one, I really expected that the repair value would be at most half the value of buying a new one but the screen will be more expensive than a new one for me was the height of absurdity.
I really like this model of television but unfortunately sony never again, I keep thinking about who buys the samsung qled if this model also has this history of giving the shade because I will tell you to buy a device at the price that is the q led and they didn't last even 3 years because of that samsung line, samsung had to take a bad fall in the market to see if it creates shame in the face and solves this tendency to this defect once and for all.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating with your tv screen being dark on one side, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service. you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes