Original topic:

Left side of 65" TV is darker than the rest

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 10:57 AM)
usern6MU95O4sc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I turned on my 65" TV (Model# UN65NU6070) today to discover the left side of the screen darker than the rest of the TV. I tried the recommended "solution"  I found on the Samsung website and even tried giving Samsung Customer Service a phone call to see if they could help me out further, but unfortunately the Customer Service Rep wanted me to try the "same solution" I had already tried and when I asked if there was anything else he could do to help me out he simply said I needed to take the TV to a service center and get it fixed. 

This seems like a well known problem/issue with Samsung TV's so why aren't they (Samsung) doing something to actually fix the problem and help people?

dwTeLX36QQeyTeF4ak3kow.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
yosef
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I want it
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I assume it's not under warranty. It is a common problem but not just with Samsung but with back lit or edge lit TV's as a whole. Eventually the panel goes out. You could look into the repair option but it's expensive and imo the money would be better spent towards a new TV.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you're seeing this across all sources and inputs, service would be the next step.  If you send me a private message with the full model and serial number, I would be more than happy to look into service options: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
fungurl2010
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Part of a panel went out or someone or something hit it and messed up the left panel
0 Likes
fungurl2010
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
But the money better for new tv
0 Likes