Original topic:

Left side of screen dark

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 4:27 PM)
user3fY4A0brFu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My UN50NU7100 has a dark streak on the left 20% of the screen.  I have looked at the "Solved" threads and to my mind nothing is solved.  I have tried the suggestions and still nothing is "solved".  The TV isn't that old an I have several much older Samsung TVs that are still fine.  I am very close to upgrading to a larger TV and was going to buy a 65" Frame TV but if the quality of the current Samsung TVs is such that they fail after a few years I may need to rethink my decision.

0 Likes
2 Replies
JDMxBOY
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have practically the same TV except mine is a 43" and I lost about 40% of the left side of my screen. I called Samsung but they were practically unhelpful. I only had my TV for a little over 2 years and already it's making me considering buying a different brand like Sony.

0 Likes
user3fY4A0brFu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It has gotten much worse and the tv is no longer watchable.  This is unacceptably poor quality from Samsung.  Other similar threads  here have over 13 pages of people who have the same issue and even though the problem hasn't been solved it is marked solved.  Unbelievable!  The "solution" seems to be that you have to spend almost half of the tv's value to get a two year old tvrepaired ?  That is not a solution it's an outrage.

0 Likes