Original topic:

Long delay when connecting a laptop to an HDMI port

(Topic created on: 2/2/21 11:29 AM)
userHeysziifGa
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I use a Samsung TV as a monitor. I think it's a 60"-er; it's big in any case, and is wall mounted. The model code is LN52A550P3FXZA. This is not a new TV; it was purchased perhaps as long as 5 years ago. Even though it is a TV, it does not have any TV channels available. It has a DVD player attached to HDMI 1; that's it.

I occasionally need to duplicate the screen of my Asus Vivobook 15 onto this display. The TV is powered off. I connect a 15' HDMI cable (fairly new, "high-speed" on Amazon) to HDMI2 on the TV. I power on the computer and then the TV.

The computer comes up quickly. The TV pings and bongs for 30 minutes (a full 1/2 hour) before it deigns to show the computer screen. Once it displays the screen, it's a good picture; no rolling, tearing, or other bad thing. The HDMI connection stays up, even if the computer goes to sleep (the screen is black, of course, with a "no signal" dialog.

My two questions: (1) why a 30 minute delay between when the HDMI signal is available and the TV starts to display it? (2) Is there any configuration setting or procedural fix that will change 30 minutes to, say, 30 seconds?

0 Likes
1 Reply
SlyChamb
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Check the settings on you tv to see what the refresh rate is or if it has motion blur on? Somethings that can cause a delay since it have to compensate for two displays (PC and Tv itself)

0 Likes