Original topic:

Loop video or slideshow

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 01:54 PM)
useriKxk6JIXHa
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung smart TV in my store. I’ve been trying to run a promotional slideshow highlighting some products to loop on the tv. Every method I tried I have run into a roadblock. 
1) slideshow using Samsung gallery. Doesn’t work because I have an iPhone. 
2) I created a slideshow in google slides to run thru the built in internet browser. The browser let you get to google docs but it’s not compatible to run slides

3) can’t install any other browser that is compatible for google slides

4) I converted the slides into a video, uploaded to YouTube. The YouTube app on Samsung TVs doesn’t have a “loop” button for some reason. It’s there on my phone and my laptop, but not on the app on the TV

5) I tried using the built in browser to go to YouTube and play the video. Like the app, the loop button is not there. 
6) I played the video, selecting “loop” on my Mac and airplayed it to the TV. It didn’t loop on the tv and after looking at it, using airplay to the tv ran the video thru the YouTube app on the tv, which of course doesn’t have the loop feature. 

any suggestions?  Why does Samsung hate looping videos?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are each file of your slideshows in the form of an image extension? If so, you could upload them onto a USB and then plug it to the TV for them to loop.

0 Likes
userlhUjz3q4jz
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I now have the images as separate images, a powerpoint slideshow and a video on youtube.  Cant get any of them to play/repeat on the samsung tv.  It will only slideshow images in my gallery, not from usb.  I now found my old samsung phone to try and get images into the gallery.  For some reason, despite being signed into the same samsung account on both the phone and tv, and having sync turned on on the phone, none of the images on the phone show up on the tv. 

The next thing I am going to try is a sledgehammer to the tv and I'll go buy a different brand.  I've never had a single piece of technology throw up so many roadblocks to what should be a simple task.

0 Likes
user9m1r8Kibsh
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Has anyone found a solution? I am having the same problem. I have images (slides) I created and just want them to run on a loop. Tried playing from a USB, and from the art feature, and nothing keeps looping. Also how do I turn off that zoom feature - my slides have text on them and the zoom makes it hard to read. Crazy that something this high end is so difficult to use. 

0 Likes