Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

MU6290 - AirPlay 2 Compatibility

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Is the Samsung MU6290 compatible with Airplay 2?  When I attempt to mirror the screen of my iPad to the TV,  the TV is not shown on the list of devices to which I can mirror my iPad screen. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MU6290 - AirPlay 2 Compatibility

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No airplay is not supported my apologies. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide the full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is that something that can only be found on the back of the TV?  My TV is mounted to a wall. I have the original box, but the only other number on the box is a barcode BN69-16124W-01_DY. My TV is a 55" Series 6.

From what I can tell, it was released in 2017 and Samsung TVs only started supporting Airplay 2 in 2018. 

if that's the case, are there any iOS apps that I can use to mirror my iPad screen?  I am interested in true mirroring, not just having photos or videos stored on my iPad displayed on the TV. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will be able to find the model number by going to settings and about this TV. There may be some third party screen sharing apps but compatibility will not be guaranteed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The complete model number is UN55MU6290. 

Are there any Samsung apps for iOS that can be used for screen mirroring?

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are no iOS Samsung apps that are available for screen mirroring. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate the information about Samsung iOS apps.

Back to my original question - Does model UN55MU6290 support AirPlay 2?

Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No airplay is not supported my apologies. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this going to be fixed?!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's doubtful that Samsung would spend the time to add functionality to a three year old TV, if that's even possible. They are likely focused on developing features for future models.