cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userWKMjVEfjR7
Asteroid

Melted lower left hand corner on Samsung 6200 series 50-inch TV

I have a Samsung 50" Class Smart LED TV - UN50J6200 TV and it was purchased in October 2015. The lower left hand corner melted and the TV is inoperative. I believe this happened last night with the TV turned OFF while the tV was fine in the morning hours of yesterday when last used.

This is a definite fire hazard and after researching this on line this morning, I can see it is a common problem and Samsung is aware of it. This TV and other models affected should be recalled. I want a refund or exchange (non-fire hazard model please) TV. That's only fair seeing you (Samsung) have known about this issue and failed to warn consumers or recalled your defective product.

6 REPLIES 6
userWKMjVEfjR7
Asteroid

Re: Melted lower left hand corner on Samsung 6200 series 50-inch TV

20190304_044254 copy.png

user9D0MRruERm
Constellation

I also have a series 6200 which has melted in the lower left hand corner. The TV was purchased in 2016 and melted in January 2019 after only an hour or so of use. In an email exchange with Samsung customer service, the representative said that the series 6200 does not have this issue. (Reference # 2205782440). I have photos proving otherwise. 

Going to attempt to engage with the customer service indicating that others have issue with the 6200. Hopefully Samsung Representatives will answer this post like they have with the issues with the 6300 series.

IMG_4618.jpeg

userEhyAfEV0zY
Constellation

I also have a 50in 6200 that experienced this very same issue today after only being on for a few minutes.  Was there a course of action established with Samsung?

useruLJUhcV7qG
Constellation

I purchased the same model in summer of 2016 and on Monday it did the exact same thing! I turned it on after not using for almost two days and saw the vertical bars, discoloration, and noticed it stemming from the right side. I went up to the TV and saw the melted plastic on the frame and it was burning to the touch. After reading that so many others have had this issue I contacted Samsung and they will be having a support team follow up with me on Monday. I was advised to not plug in the tv. I hope they do right by their products, I adore Samsung, most my electronics are Samsung and ive never had any issues. I have read that this issue is happening on this model and the 6300 and some instances in other models.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user9D0MRruERm  @userEhyAfEV0zY @useruLJUhcV7qG    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will be happy to assist you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBGs0sjSXGY
Constellation

I just posted this in the 6300 forum but just now found this post which is related to the model we have. The exact same thing just happened to our tv model UN50H6201. Very scary.

This issue just happened to our TV just last night. The lower left corner just melted and now the TV doesn't show any kind of picture anymore, just a bunch of random colored pixels.  See attached pictures.

This is a serious concern as we had my youngest son home alone watching TV when this happened. Thankfully he called us and said the TV smelled funny and it felt hot when he touched the corner when saw the melted spot. Yes it was painful when he touched it, it was that hot. Who knows what would have happened if he hadn't unplugged the TV. It's frightening to think that the noxious fumes or even a major fire could have resulted.

Looking through this thread, its obviously a known issue. Please help us with this issue Samsung.

IMG_4206.JPGIMG_4205.JPGIMG_4204.JPG