Original topic:

Model# UN65NU8000FXZA TV has dark shadow center of picture

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 09:11 AM)
userIhAMH9YhDb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Purchased TV just over two years ago. Month ago white vertical spot about 6” appeared at bottom center of screen gradually developed into a shadow extending to top of screen.  I have 3 other Samsung TVs and have never had anything like this occur.  Seems others are experiencing this same problem.4977769A-7C7E-457C-B058-6AA939493BB4.jpeg

6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help does this occur on all sources and during the picture test?  If it does this will require service you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
yoooooooooooo
Nebula
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I don't see it
0 Likes
Eco10032
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Something or someone hit the screen.. It can also be caused while cleaning the actual surface with heavy enough force that this occurs!!
0 Likes
userIhAMH9YhDb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Nothing has hit screen on tv and no forceful cleaning.

thank you

Lestat68
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
The TV has bands of fiber optics running vertically on the inside. They connect at the bottom. Where they connect gets dusty and interferes. Take the back off and clean at the connections. Should clear out the lines on the screen.
0 Likes
userIhAMH9YhDb
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

5428DE49-123E-4FAC-AF7C-C0FF78CCD249.jpeg
Just got around to checking with Samsung authorized service center as recommended by SamsungCaleb since problem is now worse. Service tech said “edge-lit” screen failing and needs replacing. Cost $614.00 for part plus labor plus tax.  I’m sorry but that’s not acceptable for a TV only 2-1/2 years old.  My first Samsung 32” flat screen purchased over 15 years ago works perfectly.  Also have 40” and. 55” Samsungs no problems in many years service. So I did not hesitate purchasing this 65” most expensive of all.  For it to die this quickly has certainly changed my opinion of the brand.

0 Likes