Original topic:

My Samsung 55” UHD is unable to connect to server

(Topic created: 06-17-2020 06:40 AM)
user2XH7YAYMMC
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

I bought my Samsung 55" UHD Smart tv - Samsung 7 series (55) in December 2019 and all was working fine with the apps.

I got cable this weekend And now when I go to the apps it says "unable to connect to server. Try again later." The TV is connected to the internet just fine. And my internet isn't down. I can go to Already installed apps like Netflix and it works fine streaming. 

When I try to look for an app I get an Error "The server is under maintenance. Please try again later. (1544104)

It won't let me sign into Samsung from my tv either. I get an error "Unable to connect to the Samsung Server. Please try again later. (116)

can you please help me fix this?

thank you,

rob

useriO32HTcpES
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having this same issue and have had similar issues for the past month.  I barely bought my tv in February 2020. 

Model: UN65RU740DFXZA

SN: <hidden>

userQ46tLn2Erm
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same issue with my TV model UN43NU6900FXZA. I already disconnected and reconnected. Please help. Thanks 

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, have you tried changing the channel on the router? Especially in apartment situations, you can have a few routers on the same channel and this can create connection and speed issues. 

If your TV won't connect to the internet, you should perform a network status test to help you choose which guide you need. Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Network Status and run the test. Pay close attention to any error messages, and whether there is an X between the TV and the router or between the router and the globe.

Important:

• If the network drops after the TV was off overnight, and you have an RU7 series UHD TV (RU7100 - RU7300 and RU710D - RU730D), try cold booting the TV (hold the power button down on your remote until the TV turns off and then back on). Then you will be able to reconnect to the internet. A software update will be available to fix this issue soon.
  • If at any point you need assistance with configuring settings on your router, contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

Check the network status test for an error message.

Power cycle your network equipment.

Reset the TV.

• Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV

• Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.

• If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.

• In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

• The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.
  • If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network.

• This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.
  • Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance.  If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service may be required. You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

zamana
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same here.

Please, don't teach me how to connect my TV to the internet, because it is already connected. I know beacause Netflix, Spotify, Tidal and other apps that uses internet connection are working.

The only thing that it is not working is the access to the Samsung servers.

After power recicling my TV and my router, what else?

When Samsung staff will check their own servers regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Regards.

Kev5683
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I hear you, I've had this same dumb problem with the Samsung Server and never being able to connect to it off and on for a few weeks now. Power cycling your TV worked for me a couple of times briefly but it isn't a permanent fix only worked for so long and then back to the same problem. It's apparently some issue with the Samsung server that Samsung needs to fix or address.

0 Likes
user3R1fC3Hu0c
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Guys, i came across your posts because i was experiencing a similar issue.

I tried all the fixes suggested with zero success (very frustrating typing in username/password with remote but heyho).

As a last resort i logged into my samsung account online with my laptop browser and via devices, was showing as signed in to my TV - i signed out the signed in devices and logged out.

I then tried to log in with TV and was successful first time...

All the best...

TV.JPG

user3XaZkQpWYD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This one actually works.  I went through every other suggestion before I found this and it is the only one that did the trick.

0 Likes
userXWaKmJHI6J
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have been stuggeling for months now. I have logged in via browser but can't find a "devices" option. Could you share a screenshot? Thank you!

0 Likes
userdDxbJ4D3Xw
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

To: user3R1fC3Hu0c

Could you please clarify when you say that you logged into your Samsung account online with your laptop browser and "via devices" found that you were signed into your TV . . . where exactly do you mean by "via devices"?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Jhünax
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Having the same problem recently. Why is not able to detect internet when the diagnostic test reports OK? 

other app requiring internet are also just fine. There must be something wrong on your end or the firmware

0 Likes