cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user64CDvzRPX4
Constellation

My Smart TV (UN75MU800D) won’t let me download apps (I.e. YouTubeTV)

Our TV won’t allow us to download any additional apps.  When you select app to download, you get a spinning icon and nothing happens.  Other apps launch and are working but no new apps can be installed.  I tried connecting via different internet service but didn’t change the result.  Any ideas?

Talked to Samsung support via Chat - NOT HELPFUL....told me to file service request and pay to have someone come out.   Seems ridiculous for something as basic as this.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Smart TV (UN75MU800D) won’t let me download apps (I.e. YouTubeTV)

Have you verified the storage available and unplugged the TV for about 5 minutes?

user6A2HrKWsYF
Constellation

How do you verify storage available?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user6A2HrKWsYF  Do you also have a UN75MU800D? Have you checked to make sure that your device is compatible with YouTube TV?

user6A2HrKWsYF
Constellation

No, I have a  model. Yes, it's compatible. And finally, after about 8 hours of pushing buttons, I have YouTube TV on the TV! I think it was the turn the TV off 30 minutes that did it. But first I turned the power off to everything connected to the TV ( we have DirecTV and are trying YouTube TV). I turned the power back on, but didn't turn the TV on for at least 30 minutes. Voila! I was finally able to get to the screen to get the code to activate.