Original topic:

Netflix and wifi connections

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 09:47 AM)
userTb2c4GmX9z
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My 64 inch plasma Samsung TV had been working fine since I installed it in 2011.  A few weeks ago it suddenly started requiring me to log into Netflix every time I accessed it through Smart Hub.  Calls to Netflix and to Samsung customer service offered no help.  My last call to Samsung customer support had me try several things (most of which had been tried before) and left me not only having to log into Netflix each time, but also having to now log onto my wifi network every time I turned on the TV. 

The customer service rep left me with the parting shot of: "Go buy a Firestick."  I feel that there must be something I can do to sort this out, but I am out of ideas.  I have confirmed that I have the latest firmware and that the TV will not allow me to re-install that firmware. 

Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I will be happy to assist you. Your description of the problem indicates a failure with either the network module or the main board. Since the troubleshooting with the customer service agent has not resolved the connectivity, the next step would be to have the television serviced.  If you would like to have a service ticket created, please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes