I have a 2018-ish UHD 55" television. When I turn the unit on, and attempt to launch an app, it says 'not connected to network'. The problem is, is that the TV IS connected to the internet. The resolution, that is a pain in the butt, is if I go to the quick start menu and navigate over to the network. Ironically, it shows 'connected'; press up to select 'Network Status' and the TV does a self check on the network. It comes up good and says connected. From this point I can launch apps.
This seems unnecessary and a pain. Am I doing something wrong? I could hard wire the TV to the internet if it is a wireless issue. Any suggestions? Thanks,
I'm sorry to hear that, are you connected to the 2.4ghz wifi connection? Also, have you tried to restart your router?
No, not since I have been using the apps in question. I will try that and post once I try. I am not sure that would be the issue since it technically is connected and shows it on the quick menu. It's as if the TV has to 'wake up' the network connection even though it is there and available. More to come. Thanks for response and I will be in touch.
Keep me updated!
Ok. Restarting router did not solve problem. For clarification, here are the steps I have to take:
1) Power on
2) Attempt to open any app and get error stating no network connection.
3) Exit out of error message and navigate to quick settings via toolbar.
4) Go to network icon (which shows connected). Press up and go to Network Status.
5) Tv performs self test and verifies connection as good.
6) Exit out of that menu and can launch any app no problem.
There is a time out function where app launching will work upon power on after the above is completed if I have powered off and ‘not too much time’ has passed. But not overnight for example. Please help and thanks in advance.
Have you had a chance to try an ethernet connection?
Please check that the software on the television is up to date. Also, let's try changing the DNS server on the TV.
Steps to change DNS:
1) Press MENU on the remote.
2) Navigate to and select Network.
3) Select Network Status.
4) After the Network status test runs select IP Settings.
5) Navigate to and select DNS Setting and change it from "obtain automatically" to "enter manually".
6) Enter the DNS in the DNS Server field.
Me too. I get playback error / not connected. I see a 13: T5BQ 9V18 12 PE message. What's crazy is a another Samsung tv 20' away is streaming just fine. After several restarts of the tv it will connect and work.