Original topic:

No Memory UN55MU6290 Cannot Install to USB

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 07:33 AM)
SingSingBoy2021
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
My UN55MU6290 has no memory available. It cannot install even to the external USB drive that the TV SEES!

Error 118. Software version: T-KTMAKUC-1290.3

Reset the Smart Hub. Reset the TV. Unplugged it. Held down power button. Cold start. Hot Start. So many starts.

Is my TV a now a paperweight?
6 Replies
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
AFAICT, 118 on that specific model actually means there's an issue between your TV and the app CDN, eg network problems. Check that your TV actually has internet and can connect properly.
Perform a full factory reset and see if the issue goes away. If it doesn't, check your DNS settings, and that you aren't blocking connection to Samsung's CDN.
0 Likes
SingSingBoy2021
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did all the resets. Checked the DNS. Nothing works. NOTHING!

0 Likes
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
For a quick and dirty test, enable the hotspot on your phone, have your TV connect to it without automatic DHCP, and see if the issue persists.
0 Likes
SingSingBoy2021
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The TV connects as is. I can use some of the installed apps. I just cannot download anything new and the TV refuses to even hold the settings. It's out of memory.

0 Likes
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
"Out of memory" is a generic error given when something goes wrong and doesn't have a specific error code. Rarely does it ever actually mean that it's out of storage / RAM. If you performed a factory reset, as in a full factory reset, and using a hotspot did not help you to download a new app, you'll want to contact Samsung directly and open a ticket.
0 Likes
userXWC5phD3cs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
'
0 Likes