Original topic:

Notifications on 2021 Crystal UHD TV (AU8000)

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 08:15 AM)
Scott16475
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Purchased a 2021 Crystal UHD TV (AU8000) over the weekend and there is a "Notification" option. I select it and a box appears stating no new notifications. I select the Options wheel and the only option listed is "play sound with notification" and at the bottom is a message stating "The service that provides notifications is currently not being used." I am unable to figure out how to turn on the service.

I have a 2019 RU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV and when I click on the notification wheel setting it too displays the 'play sound' option, but it also allows me to "select the services for which you want to receive notifications" and it gives me three options (Search, Universal TV, and Smartthings).

How do I turn on the Notifications settings on this new au8000 TV so that I can be notified? There must be a way as it would be bizarre to have the notifications option and not be able to turn something on to display the notifications. 

Thank you. 

2 Replies
TheOgNickJames
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
There should be a option in the settings menu or do you have the Smartthings app installed?
Scott16475
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oddly enough there isn't an option to download Smartthings on this TV. I've gone into apps and even entered "Smartthings" and no app comes up. And I've gone into the Settings options a bazillion times and can't find anything. It's user error, I'm sure, but I can't find anything to turn on. I wish I could remember how I did it on my 2019 TV. 

I've even googled and have come up empty. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for responding, nickjames!

0 Likes