cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useregRRafGweN
Constellation

Nu8000 Apple TV and airplay

I have the un55nu8000 and I see it says it's available for this model. Software is up to date but I don't see it available to download. 
Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
rickatk
Cosmic Ray

Re: Nu8000 Apple TV and airplay

@useregRRafGweN wrote:

I have the un55nu8000 and I see it says it's available for this model. Software is up to date but I don't see it available to download. 
Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

I have been running the ATV app on my NU8000 since May. The first update was automatic and the ATV app suddenly appeared. Then six weeks later the app was bricked and didn't work. I had to do a manual update of the latest firmware offering using USB and a factory reset to get the ATV app working again. All has worked well since.

On November 1, I signed up to AppleTV +. The first thing that happened, my ATV (v3) did an update and then the shows started working. I then went to my TV and flashed up the ATV app...no update required and has been streaming Apple TV just fine. Pristine HDR picture and sound I might add. 

If your NU8000 isn't getting the AppleTV app you might have to do the full blown firmware update using USB etc.