cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Odyssey To Replace a Broken TV Under Warranty

I don't know where else to go with this story so here it is. 

I have been trying for about 5 weeks to replace a broken, under warranty Samsung Telveision I bought about 3 months ago. I have spent approximately 15 hours on the phone with Samsung Techs, Under-Warranty Contract Repair and general customer service representitives. The major issue is of course that a TV I bought from Best Buy developed a "dead pixel" hole in the middle of it soon after purcahse and well within the warranty - but passed Best Buy's return window. What has followed after has been perhaps the worst most disorganized customer service operation I have ever experienced. The "independant contractor" that Samsung sent to repair my TV cancelled twice on me - this might seem harmless but both times I had requested off work to be there for their 5 hour "appoinrment window" so that quite literally cost me around 600 Dollars. They finally showed up on the third time (One Stop Appliance Repiar in Colorado) and promptly said, "oh no I can't fix this, you have to tell Samsung to replace it". Sadly, this was just the start of the wild runaround Samsung people have given me for the last month. I have called numerous times to get an explanation of what exactley I need to do to get an in warranty TV replaced, I have been told numerous things like, "go into the store you bought it and tell them and they will replace it - just bring the ticket number" - I was laughed at by a Best Buy Mananger when I did that, with him stating, "no, that is not how warranty replacement works". The most frustrating part of this is that every time I call them I need to give the whole story over again, I am often put on hold, transferred and disconnected.

I am now about 5 weeks without a TV during a quarantine, and if you can't tell I am pretty frustrated. As an owner of about 3000.00 worth of Samsung electronics presently, it has been unbelievably disapointing. Not even that the TV broke, I get that, but the fact that there have been so many hoops and obstacles placed in front of me to prevent an in-warranty TV from being replaced has been soul-crushing. Also - the poor quality of the customer service has been mind-boggling, even to a somewhat jaded consumer electronics fan like myself.

If someone from Samsung reads this... Please just replace my frickin' under warranty TV. No more promises, no more phone calls, no more emails, no more hold times. Just like, do it. @samsung @customerservice @warranty 

Zachary Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Odyssey To Replace a Broken TV Under Warranty

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Odyssey To Replace a Broken TV Under Warranty

Went to BestBuy again and same thing. I deserve an upgrade after this nonsense. 

@SamsungGill wrote:

We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with any ticket numbers that you have so that we can look into this for you: Link