JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One Connect not sending HDMI signal - BN96-35817B

(Topic created: 06-19-2020 02:28 PM)
userhR4YJcFI2R
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My one connect box is not sending HDMI signals to the TV. I've checked all of the devices and replaced HDMI cables which did not resolve the issue. Is theres a way to by pass the one connect box because it's making my TV nearly useless. Any suggestions or know why HDMI signal isn't working? Thank you.

26 Replies
userx4W1P2Tocr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm right there with you and can't even find replacement parts that aren't coming from California, used, and would take 2 weeks to get to me. I'm so frustrated right now. I wish I could showy screen is saying. Samsung needs to fix this! 

userPYvQrjQGUp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue, finally customer service is sending me a service call next week to replace the one connect box...just out of the blue, my cable went out and then it never detected the cable box again

user0noji6MqcY
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue: BN96-44183A One Connect box not detecting HDMI connections. It does rarely connect to HDMI, and TV start to show properly, then just a few minutes later HDMI signal cuts out again ! 

Getting a new BN96-44183A with Cable via Samsung parts distributor. Will see if that fixes the problem.

As to this comment above: "... but now I need to purchase a box that is the cost of purchasing a new television?" ??? BN96-44183A + Cable is around $165.

Is BN96-35817B One Connect box a lot more ?

userzLBqhEFbUd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi -- I had the exact same thing happen to me, with the same TV and OneConnect device.  Since yours happened in February, can you tell me how you solved (or overcame) your problem?  I've bought a new soundbox and ordered a replacement OneConnect box (at more than $100), and I'm waiting nervously for it to arrive.  Did a new OneConnect solve your problem?

@userhO0vnFCchQ wrote:

I have a 2017 QLED TV QN49Q6FAMFXZA and the One Connect Box BN96-44628B just stopped working 2 days ago.  The TV was not moved or touched, has not been moved since purchasing the unit, suddenly without reason my TV now says that there is nothing plugged into the HDMI ports.  Tried reversing the cable, changing the HDMI cord, the port it was plugged into, factory reset of my television.  Updating the software to version 1280.  All to no avail.  This is exceedingly disappointing as the TV works just fine but now I need to purchase a box that is the cost of purchasing a new television? How is this even possible as this One Connect Box is passive, has no power to it, how could it be so expensive?  And why does it seem that message boards are lit up with angry customers from 2017-2020 at this product and Samsung has done absolutely nothing to mitigate the issue?

DMKing
Pilot
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi. I replaced the HDMI cable with new a 48Gbps Ultra 8K cable with 8K 120Hz Video and HDR support and it now works as designed. Simple $20 fix.

Soulcommander
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, I tried cable replacement but did not work. What brand and or model HDMI cable did you get? My TV has been doing this off on thing for a number of years. But now the one connect box is not sending signal to my receiver at all and one other port is also not working.

0 Likes
user7UkITYzpVc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine is going out and the one connect for my TV is discontinued.  I see used ones on ebay and Amazon but do not want it unless refurbished or new.  Is there a substitute for b91-17814w

0 Likes