JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One Connect not sending HDMI signal - BN96-35817B

(Topic created: 02-26-2019 01:32 PM)
userhR4YJcFI2R
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My one connect box is not sending HDMI signals to the TV. I've checked all of the devices and replaced HDMI cables which did not resolve the issue. Is theres a way to by pass the one connect box because it's making my TV nearly useless. Any suggestions or know why HDMI signal isn't working? Thank you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It looks like the TV needs to be updated. the latest firmware is 1540.03 and You can find more information on the firmware here. Is your TV connected to the WiFi? Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings, and then touch Support. Touch Software Update, and then select Update Now.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userhR4YJcFI2R
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I tried to update multiple times and it show "There are no new updates for you at the moment", and the current version is 1530. The one connect is still 2 no signal/2 working.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You would have to update the device manually by using the guide above. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userhR4YJcFI2R
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yes, it was done manually by using the guide above. Still no connection of the One Connect.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If the firmware version is 1530, then the firmware has not successfully been updated. 

0 Likes
userhR4YJcFI2R
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I followed all direction and updated manually and it still shown 1530. Please help.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The next step would be service. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
userOqlEy1eUAU
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.   I was having the same issues and also was not able to use the manuel update.    I finally used the USB method to get the latest firmware updated.    Use this link, download the firmware update to a jumpdrive and plug it into the TV.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-uhd-smart-tv-ju7500?redir=UN65JU7500F

"Next, connect a USB thumb drive containing the software upgrade into a USB port on your TV. Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings. Select Support, and then select Software Update. Select Update Now, and then select Yes. Your TV will search the USB thumb drive for update files. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated software. Updates usually take a few minutes; please do not turn off the TV until the update is complete. When the update is finished, the TV will restart automatically."

0 Likes
userhO0vnFCchQ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 2017 QLED TV QN49Q6FAMFXZA and the One Connect Box BN96-44628B just stopped working 2 days ago.  The TV was not moved or touched, has not been moved since purchasing the unit, suddenly without reason my TV now says that there is nothing plugged into the HDMI ports.  Tried reversing the cable, changing the HDMI cord, the port it was plugged into, factory reset of my television.  Updating the software to version 1280.  All to no avail.  This is exceedingly disappointing as the TV works just fine but now I need to purchase a box that is the cost of purchasing a new television? How is this even possible as this One Connect Box is passive, has no power to it, how could it be so expensive?  And why does it seem that message boards are lit up with angry customers from 2017-2020 at this product and Samsung has done absolutely nothing to mitigate the issue?

userhq57kpGtrp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I too am having the same problem you are having 

Its exactly the same 

I don't know what to do

I'm getting so frustrated because all the cables are in and only 2 work