cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Optical Audio Not working on TV, but working on Youtube app

Hi all,

On TV, also the Netflix App pre-installed from the TV, optical audio doesn't work with my sound bar.

However, when I switch to Youtube All (also pre-installed from the TV), I can hear from my sound bar.

How do I make the optical audio working regardless of the video source?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Optical Audio Not working on TV, but working on Youtube app

Hi @userbL3Mnq3lOi ,

I do apologize that you're having issues with your tv.  If you would be so kind what model tv do you have.

In the meantime can you try running a sound test.

Sound Test:

If your TV is having audio problems, you can run a Sound Test to find out the cause of the issue.

1. Open Settings, and select Support.

2. Select Device Care.

Note: On some models select Support instead.

3. Select Self Diagnosis, and then select Start Sound Test. The Sound Test will begin.

4. If you still hear a problem in the Sound Test, select Yes. Otherwise, select No. If there is a problem, you will be asked to contact Samsung Support. Be ready to provide the on-screen information to the support agent.

The Sound Test plays a melody to help determine if there is an issue with the TV speakers. If the melody plays without issue, there may be an issue with a connected external device. Check the connections or refer to the external device's user manual.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi @Constantino_A 

My TV model is UA50RU7400J.

I have just tested, cannot hear anything if I am choosing Digital Output.

Regards

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your device is a non-US model please seek a support team in your area by using the link below as we have limited troubleshooting steps for international models:

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.