Original topic:

Over the Air Antenna Does not Show Any Channels -

(Topic created: 12-14-2020 04:51 AM)
Manabouttown
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Model UN55MU8500.  Software is up to date per check this morning.

OTA antenna works on other tvs in house.  I have connected antenna.  Switched source to TV Plus.  Gone to settings>broadcasting>autoprogram>start and scanned "Both" as well as "Air" (separate times of course).  I never get any DTV AIr or Air channels. None.  Antenna is at a window at this location just as for other tvs.  I have unplugged my tv for 5 minutes and tried it again. I have done a reset of my tv and same result.  What magical step am I missing?

Using RCA Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Manabouttown
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update:  Same problem with another OTA antenna  - GE Product.   Also, RCA responded to a post on their support link and advises the obvious - problem must be something at the tv end.  They also offerred that they have received a number of similar inquiries recently re OTA antenna's not picking up any channels on Samsun tvs.

0 Likes
johndeerelou
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Manabouttown,

When the channels are scanned I bet it said it found a number of them.  It is just that you cannot use the channel up and down to get to them, at least that is my problem.  So I hit the extra button and directly put the channel number in like 2-1 and then hit done and it takes me to the channel and it looks great with the Over The Air antenna.  I still have not gotten the channels to merge together with the TV+PLUS channels even though they really are merged together.  It just seems like things the over the air digital TV channels are not in the channel list for some reason.

0 Likes
userKEmLblOkSj
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Dtv require wifi or cable from satellite not OTA ANTENNA .
0 Likes