JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

P58B650 - How to Connect to Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 03-25-2023 09:49 AM)
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Actually, I have no idea what type TV I have.  Model # is right.  I want to connect my TV to the net wirelessly.  The manual says I need an "IP sharer." Is that the same thing as a wireless adapter?

Bonus:  where is the MAC address

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for asking. I'm sorry for any confusion here. In order to connect this model to a wireless network, you would need a wireless LAN adapter with an Ethernet plug. This adapter would plug into the Ethernet port on the TV, and connect wirelessly to the Wi-Fi network. Once your TV is connected to the internet, the MAC address and other information should appear in the settings menu. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Required Alias That TV is pretty old, from 2009. It looks like it does have an Ethernet port. 

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yeah, ethernet port, but I'll need an electrician to run the cable.  expensive.

The manual states I can connect the TV wirelessly using an "IP sharer."  If that is the same as a Network adapter, that's much less expensive.

I can't find a MAC in the TV's Settings.  It apparently connects to a network, so it must have MAC

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for asking. I'm sorry for any confusion here. In order to connect this model to a wireless network, you would need a wireless LAN adapter with an Ethernet plug. This adapter would plug into the Ethernet port on the TV, and connect wirelessly to the Wi-Fi network. Once your TV is connected to the internet, the MAC address and other information should appear in the settings menu.