cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFffbYmkxUX
Astronaut

PN43D450 Buzzing sound from Optical Output

My aunt was recently gifted a PN43D450 TV to use in her new apartment.  She is hard of hearing so we purchased some generic TV Ears (headphones for the elderly) so she could keep the volume at a normal level for her roommate's benefit.

We purchased a converter box so we could connect the optical output to the 3.5mm jack in the headphones.  The headphones work well with my smart phone and when they are plugged directly into the DVD player but for some reason, we can only hear a buzzing sound when using the headphones with the TV.

I am trying to figure out if the problem is with the converter box or with the TV itself.  Does anyone know if this particular model had problems with buzzing when being connected to home theater sound systems or other audio device?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: PN43D450 Buzzing sound from Optical Output

We are sorry to hear about this. This model does not have dual-audio capabilities, so you would need to select either the internal or external speakers. Both will not operate at the same time.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.