JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Parental control for Youtube.

(Topic created: 05-25-2023 10:38 AM)
NavinK
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am using Samsung AU7700 55 TV, which comes with pre-installed Youtube app. This is causing great sorrow as my 5 years old son is addict to the shorts.

I've tried to add an specific kids account, but he outsmarted by simply accessing the guest account. The parental control filters the explicit, but the not the garbage spewed in the shorts. It is so easy to skip the clips continuously. 

The last article is published in 2019, do not offer any solution or consolation.  

I hope the developers have remedies,

1. To at least disable the guest account.
  2. To at least disable the shorts.
  3. To uninstall the Youtube itself.

Worse case scenario is I sell off the TV to get other models which offer more control.

4 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The restricted mode seems to only filter out videos, not shorts. I think the change has to come directly from YouTube team, not Samsung -- in other words, the YouTube app on all other TV models will probably behave the same.

0 Likes
NavinK
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I know its a little off-topic, but are you sure all models come with pre-installed Youtube with that can't be removed?

0 Likes
Solution
Options
HD and UHD TVs

At least for Samsung, YouTube is one of the several pre-installed apps that come with the TV, among others such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc. What you can do is lock the app with a PIN by going to the Apps Store > Settings > Navigate to YouTube > Lock > Enter unique 4-digit PIN.

Hope that helps!

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for sharing! This is fantastic information! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes