JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please Help with 2020 Q80T Issues

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 08:50 AM)
JeffOne
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just received my 2020 55" Q80T TV and unfortunately I am really disappointed so far.   My previous TV was a Samsung 2014 1080p LED TV.   I had expectations that the picture would be much higher quality but sadly I am not seeing that so far.  I thought the TV was supposed to upscale content to near 4k quality but I am not seeing that at all.  The picture quality from cable TV is actually a bit worse than my previous TV and watching 4k content on streaming services is not dramatically better. No wow factor at all.  I have spent hours so far tweaking and re-tweaking settings  with only marginal change in picture quality.  The only  big difference is sound quality is much better than my old set. The other big issue I am having is a soap opera effect that I can't get rid of. I turned off Picture Clarity settings but no change.

I guess I thought going from a 7 year old LEdD1080 set to a high-end 4k would blow me away in how much better it is.  

I am ready to return the TV and get the Sony 950H instead. Before I do that any ideas, suggestions, recommendations, or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
2 Replies
userWCsAkPelex
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately I have the same problem with non-defeatable soap opera effect on my Q8DT (Costco variant of the Q80T).  Using Game Mode does seem to help but at the expense of picture quality.  I've been hoping in vain that Samsung would fix via a firmware update, but it hasn't happened yet.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

hey, give this a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.